Sunday, August 2, 2020

My, How Things have Changed!

A year doesnt seem like such a long time ago, but when I compare my two drawings I feel like I am a totally different person. I guess a lot can change in a year. The drawing I created when participating in this activity the first time is pretty different from my current drawing. Initially, my drawing included a triangle shaped face, meaning that at the time, I thought leaders were born, not made. In my current drawing, I included a square shaped face because I have now seen that anyone can become a leader in the right circumstances. In my original drawing, I didn't include any eyebrows, meaning that being a leader wasn't really my forte. Now, I can identify my leadership as being primarily behind the scenes. My first drawing had no freckles, indicating that at the time, I did not see self-awareness as a necessary in leadership. I now know that self-awareness is very important in effective leadership. I believe that our current situation has definitely changed my opinion on the use of technology and leadership, I believe now that it is important.


A lot has changed since the start of OT school. I have grown so much as a person and as a future practitioner. Coming from small town Mississippi, I look back now and see a lot of my thinking as being close-minded. I am so thankful for UTHSC, my classmates, and instructors for helping change my way of thinking for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment